回复:在美IT华人不应该沉迷于抱怨印度人,有能力的就创业,没能力的就修房种花

来源: ttxs_123 2014-06-02 17:07:56 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1502 bytes)

Well, I would not be so sure about this.

I agree with you that a CEO has his/her pressure to do a good job, but him/herself is also an employee nowadays and his/her main focus is short term performance, even if it might be a long term loss, or even cost more.

Hourly rate, an Indian software engineer is about 1/4 of the rate a company pays here, but this is only the figure on paper.

Give you an example, for a project I designed, since the CTO is an Indian, I already doubled the estimate of the workload, but the Indian software company asked about 50% more, and without going through a detailed discussion with me(I was the software architect at that company), the CTO approved the estimate. So the Inidan software company got about 3/4 of the money the company would pay if the work was done here. Considering the bad code quality, not following the desgin(makes the mainenance much more difficult) and eventually longer release cycles, I truly believe that the company paid much more than if the project is done here.

Sadly I saw a lot of software companies are dragged into almost broken state because of rhe madness the Indian software engineers bring in and/or this rackless outsouring. But as the compmanies are essentially the stockholders', not the CEO and other management team members, nobody cares---as long as they can make their PPT looks great to the stockholders, they will get their million-dollar salaries/bonus.

所有跟帖: 

你这个,从另一角度,道出了一些原因的根本:交易。 -多哥- 给 多哥 发送悄悄话 多哥 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/02/2014 postreply 17:30:36

这是很重要的一个方面。其实印度人的拉帮结派已经有名了,自然会有清算的。 -easycity- 给 easycity 发送悄悄话 (147 bytes) () 06/02/2014 postreply 18:59:04

作为华人,第一不能随波逐流到时候被一起清算,第二不能积累负面情绪。 -easycity- 给 easycity 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/02/2014 postreply 18:59:26

太对! -- cannot be more right! -数据分析- 给 数据分析 发送悄悄话 (417 bytes) () 06/02/2014 postreply 19:21:18

优胜劣汰,适者生存,亘古不变。劣币淘汰良币,是恶劣环境选择劣币,走为上。 -easycity- 给 easycity 发送悄悄话 (300 bytes) () 06/03/2014 postreply 07:56:07

对! -数据分析- 给 数据分析 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/02/2014 postreply 19:14:30

that's why try your best to run your own businees, not alone, bu -merian66- 给 merian66 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/03/2014 postreply 02:33:08

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”