frustrated and asking for opinion

来源: spotting 2014-03-30 09:13:41 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1917 bytes)
I left my previous company and came to this new company which is closer to home and paid very well 4 months ago.

Unexpected, the work load and quality of this new place is very high, aggressive, and demanding , I hardly feel I could handle, even though I tried the best I could , my manager is still disappointed at my performance. So I must've shown some impatience and frustration as well .

He said they hired me with high expectation as well as highest salary a developer could have (developer 3 LEVEL and nobody in this company as developer is paid as high as I do). .... and I didn't show that type of performance. He wants me to think about this --- Do I still want this job , then in this case I need to improve my performance, he even has a plan for that , which I DON'T know that yet, it might be ridiculously high standard just to boost me out...... otherwise, he would let HR give me termination and try to put up package, but since I'VE been with them for only 4 months, not sure how much I could get, but again that's HR thing.

Now I face the reality and just think about my next step/plan...one of my friend told me in my case ,I won't get too much package...but instead I should try to negotiate a maybe month-long improvement agreement to get a chance of re-evaluation from the manager...if after one month, he thinks I still didn't perform well , then tell him I quit instead of having a record of  laid-off by the company which has negative impact on my future job seeking. ( in this case I give up the separation package),  

This sounds like not a bad idea, what do you think? I really think I need to move on and don't think this place fits me well, but I want to find the next job ASAP, even willing to take lower salary.

thanks!

所有跟帖: 

opinion -美国老土- 给 美国老土 发送悄悄话 美国老土 的博客首页 (181 bytes) () 03/30/2014 postreply 09:18:42

听老土老师的 -胡说之- 给 胡说之 发送悄悄话 胡说之 的博客首页 (549 bytes) () 03/31/2014 postreply 12:01:47

ask your boss if downgrade is an option -德语学习- 给 德语学习 发送悄悄话 德语学习 的博客首页 (171 bytes) () 03/30/2014 postreply 16:01:04

老板给你的选择是: either PIP or termination -天蝎- 给 天蝎 发送悄悄话 (203 bytes) () 03/30/2014 postreply 17:18:38

Agree with you. -GeSheng- 给 GeSheng 发送悄悄话 (105 bytes) () 03/30/2014 postreply 20:06:06

Resignation is a better option -adada- 给 adada 发送悄悄话 adada 的博客首页 (335 bytes) () 03/30/2014 postreply 20:03:19

You sure he's your friend, not your worst enemy? Maybe you have -JavaCat- 给 JavaCat 发送悄悄话 (27 bytes) () 03/31/2014 postreply 09:10:58

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”