Should I talk to the manager about an opportunity of one year a

来源: 才貌双缺 2013-07-28 19:40:31 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1796 bytes)

my team lead will go to an  one year maternity leave soon and I am the only senior in the team. In most of cases, the senior will act the team lead for one year. However, my manager M (the boss of the team lead) is a very different person. Whenever there is an opportunity, she never gives the opportunity to people within the team. She had done such nasty things many times. this is one of  reasons that 60% her employees left the team within 2 years since she became manager. her other personalities which scared people away are control freak(very micro and no room for team lead), very demanding. She is a workaholic without family (she is over 40). one thing positive about her is she is very knowledgeable.

I plan to leave this team and have applied some jobs within the company. However, I also do not want to pass over this opportunity. I am confident about my competency and I have helped her in other areas which is beyond my job duty in past 3 years. My work has won reputation for her and the team. In summary, I feel I deserve this acting opportunity.

My team lead really appreciates my skills and she offered to talk to the Manager M and ask to give me the acting. I never mention this to her and never ask her to do this for me. she told me that she think I am the best candidate. However, it has been two weeks and she never bring that topic again. I totally trust her because she really support my career advancement. I guess M did not approve her suggestion.

I want talk to M in person to find out why she does not want to offer me this opportunity. but I do not know how to construct this conversation and how to ask the question strategically.

Can you expert help me on this? thanks a lot in advance

所有跟帖: 

好羡慕你们的maternity leave啊!一年!!! -Kamioka- 给 Kamioka 发送悄悄话 Kamioka 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/28/2013 postreply 19:43:15

That's in Canada. -wxc369- 给 wxc369 发送悄悄话 wxc369 的博客首页 (58 bytes) () 07/29/2013 postreply 00:07:06

啊,有这好事,我怎么不知道? -管吃不管做- 给 管吃不管做 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/29/2013 postreply 04:39:46

加拿大产假都是一年,17-20周FULL SALARY -petertang- 给 petertang 发送悄悄话 (80 bytes) () 07/29/2013 postreply 07:43:50

啊,加拿大政府真不象话,怎么没通知你呢,谁让你 -wxc369- 给 wxc369 发送悄悄话 wxc369 的博客首页 (217 bytes) () 07/29/2013 postreply 13:17:37

How do you know your team lead has talked to M? -Marie1- 给 Marie1 发送悄悄话 (465 bytes) () 07/28/2013 postreply 19:49:35

Co. -Pink侠- 给 Pink侠 发送悄悄话 Pink侠 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/28/2013 postreply 19:57:25

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”