很遗憾今晚因为上课错过了电话会议,我想跟大家分享一下我自己对于电话面试的一些总结。

来源: yiyixiaoyi 2011-06-23 00:08:42 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (33579 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ yiyixiaoyi ] 在 2011-06-23 07:39:46 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

** Before Phone Interview

1)       Find a quiet room to be ready to take a phone interview.

-          Treat the phone interview as an on-site one. Make sure that you will not be interrupted during the phone interview, and the interviewer will not hear any noise from you.

2)       Put a chronology resume in front of you, and write the dd/mm/yy when you started and ended for the position on the resume.

-          It will be good to be fully prepared for answering any unexpected question regarding your resume. (I failed one time when a HR manager asked me to walk him through my resume, and I made a mistake about the year that I was holding the position.)

-          Highlight the greatest achievement with each position on resume, and find a chance to sale yourself by talking your achievement during phone interview.

3)       Write down the question that you are going to ask the interviewer on a piece of paper, and put the paper in front of you.

4)       Write down some questions that you’re struggling to recite, and put papers in spots that being easy for you to look at and read.

5)       I save each resume that I sent out for the different position, so that I will have an exact same resume as the one that an interviewer holds on hand. It sounds funny, but we sometimes make a stupid mistake just because we don’t pay close attention to details. It helps me to answer any question regarding the resume.

6)       Practice! Practice! Practice before a phone interview. Ask your friend to help you to do a practice, the best way to find a native English speaker to do the practice phone interview with you. You can also to practice a phone interview with a family member.

** During Phone Interview

1)       Be smiling & passionate throughout the phone interview.

-          Your tone will express your smile and passion through the phone.

-          Listening questions carefully and don't talk too fast because, as Chinese, we have strong accent.

2)       Listening question carefully and do your best to catch the key words or key points from interviewer, so that you will know how to answer the question by focusing on the key information that the interviewer wants to hear.

3)       Don’t be scared to ask the interviewer to repeat his/her words to make sure that you fully understand the question. No interviewer wants to listen to you to talk something that nothing related to his/her question. Of course, you cannot ask the interviewer to repeat the question many times. :)

4)       Do not turn pages of papers that wrote with answers during the phone interview.

-          The interviewer definitely is able to hear the voice of turning pages.

5)       You need make sure that you watch the speed when you read your answer of questions. Reading in a way that no one can figure out that you are reading! Do the pause during reading your answers!

6)       Answer question by emphasizing the key point that interviewer wants to hear from you.

7)       Speak confidently even though you are not sure if you answered 100% correctly.

8)       Interact with the interviewer by using “yes, I agree with you”, “oh great”, etc when he/she is talking or introducing something. It will show that you are really listening and focusing on his/her talking. Show your respect and interesting by appropriate interacting through the phone no matter how boring the interviewer talks.

** After Phone Interview

Send a thank you note within two hours after a phone interview.

The key points to pass a phone interview, as my 2 cents, are preparing, practicing, being passionate, and being confident. Hope my 2 cents could be helpful. Thank you!

所有跟帖: 

Very good。Thanks! -小谋- 给 小谋 发送悄悄话 小谋 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 06/23/2011 postreply 05:16:16

谢谢! -yiyixiaoyi- 给 yiyixiaoyi 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/23/2011 postreply 12:15:27

前辈曾有以夷制夷之国策,职坛咱有以夷笑夷之宝典.多谢依依小姨的电面宝典 -美国老土- 给 美国老土 发送悄悄话 美国老土 的博客首页 (300 bytes) () 06/23/2011 postreply 08:23:23

谢谢班长! -yiyixiaoyi- 给 yiyixiaoyi 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 06/23/2011 postreply 12:17:14

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”