Updates: How to handle this situation in the company?

来源: lao1dao 2009-04-11 22:58:17 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (3222 bytes)
My wife department has been cutting somehow but her position has been guaranteed verbally in a couple of years (per her VP). Of course, she lost some her job duties. She was afraid of she might lose more duties later. She was thinking to learn something new (for a preparation of next cut). Her director recommended her to talk to the vp of IT. This vp liked my wife’s background and assigned my wife to an e-learning system coordinator position (kind of in charge of e-learning system, technically entire system). My wife had the past communication documents like emails about her e-learning system coordinator job description from this vp and human resource. The manager of e-learning system did not have my wife on his list but he might have no option that time. The vp of IT was above his boss (director). My wife did not think too much before her took the position (two or three months ago). This vp resigned suddenly just after my wife accepted the position. The manager was really mean to my wife after she moved in. I posted two messages with the same title before.

After my wife reported her current situation to her original director, the director held her all current works and tried to help my wife out. Now my wife original vp was working on taking back her and putting her under his supervision (promised her a new position like a programmer focusing on statistical analysis in the next week).

Her current manager never sent on her job description out in her first month and gave all secretary jobs like 1) made copies of meeting agenda or 2) booked a hotel 3) checked air plane ticket 4) checked drinking water 5) communicated users for training space availability, etc after my wife was off her two weeks of orientation. Ridiculously her manager asked my wife’s co-worker to tell those duties. My wife already her plate had been full so she rejected 2) booked a hotel 3) checked air plane ticket. I was not sure if he had asked my wife to make coffee even. My wife thought they were temporary and asked him when she could start her real job. He said he did not know when my wife could start her real new job. He asked my wife to hold on her supposed duties from what interview said. It’s very obvious that her manager wanted her to leave as soon as possible. Did my wife appearance make him feel uncertain of his manager position?

Here is my question: if my wife files complain against her current manager to HR for his abusing his power, will it impact anything? I know her current manager would say he has a flexibility to assign a different job to his team member as there is a need.

Here is a supportive fact. When my wife gave her recent days of work logs to her original vp, her original vp said her current manager did not know how to utilize the company resource and gave my wife a hug (they are two generations). My wife did not want to stay there anymore, if she files complain, does usually it impact her transaction to her new position? We all are afraid of a long and boring time consuming process. My wife was not to complain if it would take too much extra efforts.

Thank you all for kind suggestions.

所有跟帖: 

你要尊重读者,用中文重写,简要些 -waitGC- 给 waitGC 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/12/2009 postreply 16:27:20

哈哈哈哈,绿卡姐说出了俺的心声。没想到还有比俺更唠叨的。:) -吴用先生- 给 吴用先生 发送悄悄话 (86 bytes) () 04/12/2009 postreply 16:42:10

I am having a fresh red face -lao1dao- 给 lao1dao 发送悄悄话 (38 bytes) () 04/13/2009 postreply 07:54:34

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”