可能的职场凌霸这两周的更新。谢谢大家的跟读和支持!现实真的比电视剧还狗血。又比较长:)

来源: FightCovid19 2023-09-28 15:46:57 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (8576 bytes)

文中的英文部分摘自我给L的邮件(稍微做了一些改动)。其实给她写邮件的原因之一就是自己有个记录。所以她应该很清楚我有比较好的documentation for everything going on.

我已经拒了单位内部的那个工作。她们不能match我现在的薪水。这个工作因为是patient finance,和我的专业以及以前的工作经验关系不大。她们之所以对我感兴趣是因为我现在的工作和这个职位的工作有交叉,她们也完全有把握我可以胜任(很快上手)和我现在不交叉那部分的工作。但凭我是这个领域的新人(也没有工作相关的学位和经验),如果想离开这个新职位去找工资高的职位不太可能。我本来想如果她们可以匹配我现在的薪酬的话,我会在这个职位上呆一段时间的。

我上星期一counter了外部那个工作给的薪水。上周发生的另外一件事是,我的director R让我培训的那个新人T (入职只有9个月)找到了新工作。看到她要走,我更觉得我需要尽快离开。我们部门共5个人。同时走2个人是对R这种失道寡助的人最好的报应。我和T是hourly employees. 剩下的3个人是salaried. 这3个人本来就在超负荷的工作,因为软件升级项目时间很紧。如果还要cover我们两个人的工作,她们会忙的团团转。估计也会想离开。其中两个人以前做过我不打算去的那个工作。我告诉了其中一个人那个工作机会:)

Employee Relations 的L在调查R对我打击报复这件事。我感觉她就是在故意拖延。我上星期还以为可能因为T要走吧,management应该也考虑到我上面描述的这种情况。所以终于打算对我这件事更重视一些,应该是不想让我也走人吧。这周星期一开完会才发现我太把自己当根葱了。我,L和R 的头Lilly开会wrap up我请求Lilly给我换领导的事。我一看Lilly的脸色就知道不好。她们找借口说R没有对我报复。这个结果也不是完全在我的预料之外。会上我都懒得问任何问题。会后我写邮件给L总结了会议结果。当天晚上我意识到我以前太专注于R对我的报复了,其实discrimination也是很严重的问题。R让其他人8:30或者8:45上班,而我必须8点到。其他人早上有事来晚了,可以下午晚点走,以补上工作时间。而我不可以。R可能觉得自己赢了吧,在周二的例会上又开始咄咄逼人。我又电邮L并且拷贝了她的经理,问她歧视的事她调查的怎么样了。并且说I had thought 我们单位is an equal opportunity employer. My starting time alone tells me otherwise. Thanks to Employee Relations and the management, R feels she can do whatever to me with no consequences. I’m sure pretty soon I would have more baseless accusations from her for you to investigate. Is that why you didn’t include her in yesterday’s meeting in fear that she just opens her mouth and new accusations against me leap out from nowhere? 她说她会和经理周三开会讨论后给我答复。

我已经在星期二一大早officially接受了离家只有一英里的一个工作。即使工资少一些也不再在乎了。新单位要求做背景调查和毒品筛选。准确的starting date需要在背景调查后才能确定(两周后或者10月底)。星期三一大早去做drug screen。因为走错了路,等到了单位已经8点半了。因为想在去新单位之前的这三周左右过的平静一些,所以希望偷偷的溜进单位,别让那个bully Tina 看见我。结果她正在对着门的那个大办公室和人聊天(T 和另外两个同事),我迟到被她逮着了。I knew the next minute she would report my lateness to R. I finally couldn't take this constant surveillance of Tina on me anymore. I went in and told them all the things "someone" had reported to R, such as I mentioned in their office my pay increase rate, my starting hours at 8 and others at 8:30 or 8:45, and my friend’s visit to my office. I told them the consequences of these things by numerating the accusations R had made based on the information "someone" constantly feeding her. I had also told them L from Employee Relations was or is investigating the accusations.

On the way back to my office, I passed by Tina's. I knew she would report what just happened to R right away, so I told her to go ahead and report me. She accused me of creating a lot of drama, saying she reported me about the pay rate as I made others uncomfortable. I then asked her what the reason is for her to report to R that my friend had come to my office. That was when K (我们当地的一个director) intervened and told me to go to my office so I did.

About 20 minutes later, K called me to her office Webexing with L and R. K told me it's better for me to leave for the day for everyone to cool down. I asked her how about tomorrow or if I should collect my personal items in the office and take them home due to the possibility of being fired by 这个单位. She told me L would contact me later that day.

L called me and told me I'm now on paid suspension as I'm under investigation for "disruptive behaviors", not only for what happened on 9/27, but also for 9/26.

I had thought R had L investigate my "disruptive behaviors''. Then I learned from L some employees emailed her as they were "concerned" about my behaviors. I guess it's not that important whether the email was sent of their own free will or they were prompted by Tina/R to do so.

I'm not sure how 我们单位defines disruptive behaviors. I already detailed what happened on 9/27 in my previous email to L (上面已经提到了). What I didn't say was that before I stood at their office door to make my case, they were chit chatting. The whole episode lasted about 3 minutes so I'm not really sure what I had interrupted (their chit chatting maybe?). My interaction with Tina lasted less than 2 minutes as K intervened right away.

It would be a joke if what happened on 9/26 could be called disruptive behaviors. After our team meeting ended at 11 AM, I went to speak with T. I asked her "didn't you hear that? She told me to use PTO just because I asked to leave an hour early. I know she let others make up hours, but I can't and that is discrimination". On the way out I realized I used to be able to make up hours too so I turned back and said I was allowed to do it before. R told me I'm not allowed only after she started to retaliate against me. The whole thing lasted less than 2 minutes.

I tried to think about yesterday morning why I couldn't tolerate Tina's constant spying anymore. I know with situations like this, I should have brought my grievance to R, Lilly or HR. L know very well what R would do if I tried to report Tina. Based on the meeting from Monday (9/25), I don't think I could expect justice and fairness from Lilly either. During the whole process working with Employee Relations, I found out I can't rely on HR either. Maybe subconsciously I felt I had to take matters into my own hands.  My action yesterday was on the spur of the moment, realizing most of the accusations R made against me were because of Tina. Her impending reporting to R about my tardiness and years of being mistreated and spied on by her was the last straw that triggered my actions.

Whatever the consequences would be, I do not regret what I did yesterday. If I had fought back when Tina first started to bully/mistreat me, I wouldn't have suffered this long, nor would其他三个前同事. I wouldn't have gotten into conflicts with R either and I wouldn't have to find a new job. I'm fighting back not just for myself, but also for my fellow colleagues. The world would be a better place if no one were treated unfairly or disrespectfully.

所以这两天我就在家呆着。如果她们开除我的话,这算不算wrongful termination? 一个朋友已经给我推荐了一家律所。我可能不继续追究。即使要追究,也要等到新单位站稳脚再说。

再次感谢大家的支持和帮助。这两天睡眠有一些影响。能睡着,但连续两天醒的太早。今天骑车时间长,希望睡眠会有所改善。

所有跟帖: 

恭喜你找到新工作 -圆老扁- 给 圆老扁 发送悄悄话 圆老扁 的博客首页 (60 bytes) () 09/28/2023 postreply 17:38:14

谢谢老扁网友的祝福!您的古文很好嘛:)祝中秋快乐,月圆事顺! -FightCovid19- 给 FightCovid19 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/29/2023 postreply 07:20:14

FightConvid 19网友 , 请看进来: -苏梅- 给 苏梅 发送悄悄话 (1809 bytes) () 09/28/2023 postreply 18:35:36

谢谢苏梅网友。非常好的建议!收录了:)中秋快乐! -FightCovid19- 给 FightCovid19 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/29/2023 postreply 07:12:29

希望新工作进展顺利。近些年的办公室文化是无论你有多气愤,多受不公平对待 -julie116- 给 julie116 发送悄悄话 julie116 的博客首页 (406 bytes) () 09/28/2023 postreply 20:22:47

谢谢Julie网友的祝福!您的建议非常好, 我会铭记在心。我曾经在这个新单位工作过好几年。 -FightCovid19- 给 FightCovid19 发送悄悄话 (236 bytes) () 09/29/2023 postreply 07:33:07

恭喜找到新工作。 -废话多多- 给 废话多多 发送悄悄话 废话多多 的博客首页 (1369 bytes) () 09/29/2023 postreply 03:34:01

非常感谢多多版主的回复和祝福!您提的这个建议和推荐的书,对每个职场中人都有帮助。我已经收录。 -FightCovid19- 给 FightCovid19 发送悄悄话 (911 bytes) () 09/29/2023 postreply 08:23:15

废话多多其实是废话一句也不多。:-) -老九不能走- 给 老九不能走 发送悄悄话 老九不能走 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 09/29/2023 postreply 09:56:04

是啊。我也这么说过:) -FightCovid19- 给 FightCovid19 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/29/2023 postreply 10:05:11

祝你新工作顺利!说实话,他们那些人固然有很多不好,但是你花了大量的精力和时间,在他们身上,也是不wise的。 -米奇的厨房- 给 米奇的厨房 发送悄悄话 米奇的厨房 的博客首页 (156 bytes) () 09/29/2023 postreply 08:35:02

谢谢米奇网友的回复和祝福。您说的很对。我自己也很烦这种事情。我要开始不冲动engage R就好了。到后来和她斗是被迫。 -FightCovid19- 给 FightCovid19 发送悄悄话 (290 bytes) () 09/29/2023 postreply 10:15:32

在Covid疫情期间,上海著名医生张文宏就提出与病毒共存,事实证明这是科学合理的观点和举措,而非行政封控。那么在职场上, -danren- 给 danren 发送悄悄话 danren 的博客首页 (818 bytes) () 09/29/2023 postreply 21:36:44

谢谢danren网友的回复。您说的很有道理。我那天也是一时冲动。HR应该和Tina(或者让R和她)谈过话。 -FightCovid19- 给 FightCovid19 发送悄悄话 (412 bytes) () 10/01/2023 postreply 15:03:31

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”