Rare Chinese Porpoises Dive Toward Extinction

来源: analytical 2013-03-30 14:51:23 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1379 bytes)

I was in China for two weeks last August for vacation. Spent time on my own in a couple of cities then went on a Viking river cruise for a week. We went to Chongching and Wuhan as well as two other places on the Yangtze River. I was appalled at the state of the water! Debris of all kinds floating by; shoes, dead animals, plastics, you name it. Plus, the water stank of chemicals and other smells and it was the color of mud. It's hard to believe there is ANYTHING alive in the water. But, there were men fishing in it and catching stuff! There were also people going to the bathroom in it as well. Our guide told us about the endangered porpoises. We were all like, "Ya think?" I had a conversation with our guide in private and told him eventually the Chinese people will have to rise up and demand some regulation to have clean water and air. Oh the air! Don't get me started on that too. Was so glad when we arrived in Shanghai. The blue sky was a welcomed sight!!!! As much as I complain or roll my eyes about the EPA holding up progress because of some insect or bird found only where they are building something, I am thankful that we at least have a regulatory body that monitors the state of our air, water and other environmental aspects.

http://news.yahoo.com/rare-chinese-porpoises-dive-toward-extinction-131539710.html

所有跟帖: 

excellent, very tough. -analytical- 给 analytical 发送悄悄话 (38 bytes) () 03/30/2013 postreply 15:34:52

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”