Stupid naive opinion

来源: AsianTiger 2012-07-30 21:30:17 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1994 bytes)

I used to work in the government in China and coordinated. I am living in US now.I did not take any money from government. Just tell you some truth.

Before discussing further, giving you very basic concept. The water in the city flow to the river and the river flow to the sea. If the surrounding rivers have high water level, the water in the city will be accumulated. Some time the water in the river might poure to the city. This seems tha case in Beijing.

1. I knew how difficulty to coordinate the department of water resource and department of urban-rural development It is not clearly defined who is responsible for the flood protection.

2.The technology in water resource and flood protection is quite mature. There is no 61 year difference between China and US. The real problem is money. Those engineering need huge amount of money. When designing the flood protection engineering, it is always arguable what standard should be used. The higher the standard, the safer the protection, but more expensive the cost. Normally a midian standard would be selected.

3. In some area, no engineering method might be used if the cost is too high to protect the whole area, i.e., to sacrifice some areas to protect the whole area in case of big but low probability rain.

4. The rain in Beijing rarely happened, over 1/200 or less? It is obvious that you can't invest large amount of money to protect the city from the rain that only happens once in 200 years (average).

5. Arid is the more serious problem in Beijing and the sourrounding areas. Most of the reservoirs have never been full since they were built. Beijing already took the big reservoiers from Hobei. So the government had to spend lots of money to guide the water from Long River to Beijing.

However, there would not be so many people died if the government had pay attention to flood protection and act quickly after the big rain came.

所有跟帖: 

make sense -淡淡郁金香- 给 淡淡郁金香 发送悄悄话 淡淡郁金香 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/31/2012 postreply 08:45:57

我怎么看不懂你的英文 -麻被填牙- 给 麻被填牙 发送悄悄话 (396 bytes) () 07/31/2012 postreply 14:57:15

Possible and maybe is not good. We need accurate data -AsianTiger- 给 AsianTiger 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/31/2012 postreply 23:22:25

英文烂不是你的错,但还来显摆,那就太丢脸哈? -萧条- 给 萧条 发送悄悄话 (86 bytes) () 08/01/2012 postreply 15:52:47

请用文明语言,您的文字表达厕所味道太重了。虽然看不到您面容,能感觉到一颗丑陋的心。请自觉尊重他人,好吧。你有啥不同意见可以表达, -jmta- 给 jmta 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 09/16/2012 postreply 16:10:30

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”