engine misfire fix

来源: leslieking 2017-03-22 19:27:45 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2829 bytes)

Jaguar x-type 2003, 155k miles.

Check engine lights on.  Scan showed a dozen of codes, p300, p301, p302, all the way to 310 (?), indicating random misfire, misfire at each of the six cylinders.

Googled and found likely cause is leaking at the intake, leaking on valve cover, faulty coil/spark plug.  I did the spark plug change when I had the car two years ago, and am aware of the leaks around the valve cover.  So there is the plan, to replace the ignition coil, replace the intake manifold gaskets, and replace the valve gasket.

Gaskets parts ordered from O’reilly, and coil from ebay.

It took me one weekend maybe six hours to replace the front coil, and valve cover.  Here is a pic.  Was a joy that finally I had the torch ranch working, 7 lbs ft.

The back one was more difficult, and it involves removing the intake gasket, also lifting the fuel line, I believe that's where the control of fuel and oxygen mix occur.  The bottom intake gaskets are under.  Here is the pic. 

The amount of leaking oil and grease was inormous, it took me a few hours to spray the break cleaner to parts and slowly clean and remove the paper towel out.  I was very happy finally the oil and grease of ages was finally cleaned.

All was installed except when I used the torch range, I ripped one screw to the cover.  Damn, this is my second time overdid the torch.  Last time was a spark plug to my 1999 corolla.

Also one of the little tubes were not fit snug, I was very tempting to pull harder and then decided to undo the intake cover, the plastic tubing was re-routed to under the intake manifold, the tube happily connected to the air box before the throttle body (I believe that's it).

Testing drive was fun.  The acceleration on the freeway late in evening is a pure joy, seeing the rpm goes close to the red, the car runs insanely fast, and felt a steal from somewhere in youth.

Long day Sunday from 8 am till 10 pm, the reward is also very memorable.

Drove a few days. no check engine lights back.  Ordered the screw, $11 and will take out the broken screw as soon as I have the part.

Happy being a home mechanic.  Thanks for reading.

所有跟帖: 

2 Thumbs Up! -2ndGear- 给 2ndGear 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/23/2017 postreply 06:35:54

恭喜恭喜!很喜欢这样的正能量的帖子。 -QYZ- 给 QYZ 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/23/2017 postreply 06:51:34

忍了半天,还是觉得该说两句 -biglow- 给 biglow 发送悄悄话 biglow 的博客首页 (921 bytes) () 03/23/2017 postreply 08:43:30

看到鸟语也兴趣看下去了,希望楼主以后辛苦一下用中文,谢谢 -motorcycle- 给 motorcycle 发送悄悄话 motorcycle 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/23/2017 postreply 09:39:04

不感兴趣 -motorcycle- 给 motorcycle 发送悄悄话 motorcycle 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/23/2017 postreply 09:47:25

+1 -chinomango- 给 chinomango 发送悄悄话 chinomango 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 03/23/2017 postreply 15:15:55

同样的问题出现在 2001 Nissan quest 17W了,同时热车启动困难和发动机抖。火花塞,线全replaced,还是没 -我爱北京大前门- 给 我爱北京大前门 发送悄悄话 (539 bytes) () 03/25/2017 postreply 20:41:00

Fuel pump? -leslieking- 给 leslieking 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 03/26/2017 postreply 12:30:37

加跟帖:

• 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]