Costco tire replacement

来源: 2015-03-01 19:22:22 [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:
Took the car to Costco to get tires replaced.   They called me and said the lug nuts were ruined and suggested me to have them taken care of before they can put the other two wheels on.  Drove to alignment shop hoping they would do alignment plus getting the nuts out.  Sunday afternoon close to 5, of course shop was closed.
Got home and used my own socket ranch, in less than 5 minutes I got the three marked nuts off.   Gee what these guys are doing there.  These are pro who do tire installing for living.  Called them and agree they will just put new tires on w/o dealing w the broken nuts.  I drove there w the two tires plus a spare one.  They will put the new tires on tomorrow.   
This makes me think I can do the wheel alignment self.    Is it hard?   Wanna prepare before trying this.   
Car is jaguar x-type 2003.   Son hit curb broke the gear box cable to transmission.  
Did the first oil change today.   Will need to check the transmission oil.  Then need to clear the check engine light.   Forgot the codes p1642 and p1000,  probably the downstream O2 sensor.