同情一下

来源: 老生长谈 2014-12-20 12:01:20 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2993 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 老生长谈 ] 在 2014-12-20 14:20:56 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
回答: 倒霉Michelangelo2014-12-20 10:48:19
needless to say this would be a heart broken event for you; i feel your pain... (pardon me for writing in english as i am trying to answer your question in a thorough manner so you could be well informed; otherwise my slow typing skills in chinese would make me skip a lot of info which might be useful for you).

cost to repair - this is a tough question without knowing all the facts.  you didn't say what kind of car - year, make and model, and where you are at - north?  south? canada? or even you may be in europe.  this is an open forum, people are from all over the places.  so you know you left a big door wide open for imaginations...  generally speaking, the cheaper cars are the cheaper cost to repair will be; high-end cars go to the opposite direction.  the labor rates at different areas play a big role too.  just to give you an idea, take an example of a cheap toyoto echo, a single door repaint could be around $300 in the middle of usa, say tennessee, by a pop-mom shop.  a mercedes e350 in san jose could be more than $1000 by a dealer.  go from here and make your guess for your specific case.

what to do immediately - report to your local police.  it will not help you find the person who did for you, it will keep police department informed there is a vandalism in the community.  they may catch the guy in long run, most importantly you are helping your community and making people aware of it.

what are your options - there are many factors affecting your decisions, just like anything else, to best fit individual needs/goals.  per your tendency of perfectionism, level of tolerance, depth of pockets, social status, job nature, family attitude... the actions could be taken differently.  here are a few choices:

1) fix it by a shop - get quotes from bodyshops
2) live with it - a lot of people do so, i am one of them.  when i bought my 2010 honda fit, the right rear door had already been keyed and the frontend been damaged, but it had only 16000 miles on the clock otherwise it's in a good shape.  in that year the dealer price was $16000 otd, i paid $7300 from a private party.  knowing i was to get a little car for towing i really didn't care much.  i fixed the frontend which cost me less than $1000 for parts, and it has been good ever since. 
3) do a cosmetic fix - this was what i did and it worked - find a fine sharpie with the same or similar color; draw along the line/ink it; use your finger to wipe out excessive ink while drawing.  it will effectively remove the reflection of the line and will stay for a long time.  on my car, passers-by will not notice the lines beyond 10 feet away.

bottomline - whatever you do, be happy.  good luck!

所有跟帖: 

walmart 有卖带圆珠笔头的小漆管, 比sharpie好用。 -hello2002- 给 hello2002 发送悄悄话 (21 bytes) () 12/20/2014 postreply 12:28:05

here you go... even better :) -老生长谈- 给 老生长谈 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/20/2014 postreply 12:38:15

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!