know each other fairly

来源: fairy 2012-09-10 18:02:40 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4448 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ fairy ] 在 2012-09-10 18:06:45 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Aesthetic Realism is the philosophy founded by Eli Siegel (1902–1978),poet, critic, philosopher, educator, in 1941. It is based on three core principles.

1. The deepest desire of every person is to like the world on an honest or accurate basis.

2. The greatest danger for a person is to have contempt for the world and what is in it. Contempt can be defined as the lessening of what is different from oneself as a means of self-increase as one sees it.

3. All beauty is a making one of opposites, and the making one of opposites is what we are going after in ourselves.

艺术现实主义哲学有一个nonprofit foundation 授课,帮助人们咨询解决心理问题,公正地认识彼此,认识世界。

The Foundation is dedicated to the understanding of, and greater respect for, people, art, and reality.

Aesthetic Realism explains that the largest fight in every person is between liking the world on an honest basis and having contempt for the world. There is no more important contribution to human thought than Eli Siegel's identification of contempt as the big weakener of mind and source of all unkindness, including economic injustice, racism, war. And the way to defeat contempt is through the aesthetic criticism of self: Aesthetic Realism is the study of how we want to put together the opposites that are one in art—including care for ourselves and justice to the world.

艺术现实主义哲学认为“世界”,“艺术”,“个人”有可以互相解释的共性-------每一个都是矛盾的艺术化的统一体。

哲学的创始人Mr. Siegel 在解释美存在于艺术的矛盾对立统一时,曾以Pollock的滴画为例:

i-2-12752_jacksonpollock-wp3.jpg

"The unconscious, as artistic, goes after unrestraint, but unrestraint as accurate; and when unrestraint is accurate, the effect on mind is still that of beauty. And:—if his work is successful, there is in this work, power and calm, intensity and rightness, unrestraint and accuracy—and these, felt at once, make for beauty."

Pollock的滴画看似无意识, 但是笔触,向度,意念的自由,并非绝对的“我行我素”,而是unrestraint as accurate.而accurate的量度,一定是有某种真实,自然律,或人文的法则为对照的。

Pollock said: "When I am painting I have a general notion as to what I am about. I can control the flow of paint; there is no accident." 他的画似乎在从内心出发探索一个自由和秩序并存的包罗万象的世界。

艺术现实主义把个人,艺术和现实世界的本质理解在一个共性当中,象一个个同心圆,没有高低错落之分。如果一个人爱自己,欣赏艺术中的矛盾统一的美,那么他也会爱和尊重这个世界-------以它真实地面貌。

Aesthetic Realism 对contempt 的定义是 contempt defined as the false importance or glory from the lessening of things not oneself

歪曲世界,扁低别人貌似荣耀自己,或摆脱“自由”路上的障碍,却是危险而脆弱的。Aesthetic Realism teaches that the deepest desire of every person is to like the world -----to want to know it and be just to it.

THE BIGGEST SUCCESS - THAT WE LIKE THE WORLD THROUGH KNOWING IT。

所有跟帖: 

This is interesting! Reading this remind me of the the poster : -yesblue- 给 yesblue 发送悄悄话 (1398 bytes) () 09/11/2012 postreply 16:51:16

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”