结束篇:One day trip to Uraguay -- 阿根廷之行(十一)

来源: 灰衣人 2013-11-02 10:23:06 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (7088 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ 灰衣人 ] 在 2013-11-04 17:59:07 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

Believe it or not, it is just one hour across the river on the ferry from Buenos Aires. You will land on another country, Uraguay. Colonial Sacrament is a favoured weekend destination for many Buenos Aires residents.

Often, I tended to relate Paraguay to Uraguay, and thought that I might have opportunity to come across with the legendary Paraguy 乳神 (godess of breast??)。 It turned out to be they are remarkedly different countries. Gabriel Rey wrote that "Una cosa que los Uruguayos saben, pero no dicen, es que realmente somos más europeas que latinoamericanos" which can be translated as "One thing that most Uruguayans know deep down, but will rarely admit, is that we are really more European than Latin American. Misperceptions"

Uruguayans are the most Caucasian of any nationality in the continental Americas, North or South.

Sun rise on the Rio de la Plata

The tranquility of the Rio de la Plata

The Rio de la Plata

A street to the light house 0014

Down town Streets 0015

Downtown Streets 0022

Old and Brick paved street 0033

Old and Brick paved street DSCN1214, 1223 0037

I was puzzled why a Swastika is used by this locally famed church.

Swastika?

The ruins of bull fighting stadium.

The bull fighting was banned 2 years after the building was inaugurated.

Interestingly, El rio de la Plata has river beaches. Yes, these are fine, white sand beaches. 0100, 0073

Old town gate and wall in Colonia Sacramento 0077, 0083, 0088

A type of tree I do not know, on which cotton can be harvested. 0079

Portuguese style street, which is characterized to be sloped to the middle for central drainage. Interestingly, the architecture style is Spanish. 0094,

a Portuguese style, a sort of similarity to my hometown in 江南. A Portuguese styled house sits with Spanish houses side by side, which manifests 100 years of struggle between Portuguese and Spanish over the control of this colonial town. A typical Spanish styled street, on which water is drained to two road sides.

This country is too quiet. If someone asks me what might contribute this country's mortality. I would, no hesitate, say "I would be bored to death if I would live in this place:)"

所有跟帖: 

拉普拉塔河的河滩居然是白沙 -changjia- 给 changjia 发送悄悄话 changjia 的博客首页 (54 bytes) () 11/02/2013 postreply 11:38:11

乌拉圭的足球比巴拉圭强不少。那个十字是圣殿骑士会的,不是Swastika -aranjuez- 给 aranjuez 发送悄悄话 aranjuez 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/02/2013 postreply 12:05:37

老兄的英文遣词造句有一套,顶。跟你两张照片 -纵横南北极- 给 纵横南北极 发送悄悄话 纵横南北极 的博客首页 (279 bytes) () 11/02/2013 postreply 14:37:31

那个还是联合国的heritage site. -玩遍啦- 给 玩遍啦 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 11/02/2013 postreply 17:02:03

谢谢介绍 回复:结束篇:One day trip to Uraguay -- 阿根廷之行(十一) -林间曲径金秋时- 给 林间曲径金秋时 发送悄悄话 林间曲径金秋时 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/03/2013 postreply 11:02:31

风格独特的城市! -嘉崚子- 给 嘉崚子 发送悄悄话 嘉崚子 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 11/03/2013 postreply 22:05:31

加跟帖:

• 标题:
  • 内容(可选项): [所见即所得|预览模式] [HTML源代码] [如何上传图片] [怎样发视频] [如何贴音乐]