回复:大家能帮我看一下律师这是啥意思吗?

来源: 863211 2012-12-07 07:12:56 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (5677 bytes)

一下是公司律师关于我想用AP回国的回答:

Your green card is still pending, which is expected. I usually advise people to consider applying for an H-1B visa stamp, as it allows for more flexibility if the green card is unexpectedly denied and also results in fewer delays at the airport. HOWEVER, I understand that the process of applying for a new visa in China can be stressful and time consuming. So it is perfectly fine for you to use your advance parole to enter the US and thus avoid the need for additional visa processing. In early January, you may want to consider applying for an extension of your advance parole document.

前半段的意思是不是如果用过AP的话,H-1B就没意义了,如果绿卡申请失败就意味直接就要出境了?
-What the lawyer means is that if you use AP, you may have to leave US if your I-485 is denied and thus, he/she normally advises people to use H-1 visa. I do not agree with his/her 前半段的comments at all. Actually, if you work with H-1 now and you use AP to reenter US after you visit China, you still can continue to work for your current employer even if your I-485 is denied, and then, you can  renew your H-1 to reinstate your H-1 status. So, using AP does not affect you anything. Of course, it may take more time for the inspection at the port of entery if you use AP than you use H-1 visa.

我的AP明年4月到期,我是想2月份回国过年,可以等到2月底回来后再续期吗?
-Fine.

为什么律师要我1月初去续?
-Also fine. You can renew your AP in advance up to 120 days before your current AP expires.

而且似乎是要我自己去续期。也不告诉个程序啥的。
-File I-131 following the I-131 instructions. Very simple procedure.

谢谢回复!

所有跟帖: 

非常感谢您的回复。还有两点疑问: -Clownfish5- 给 Clownfish5 发送悄悄话 (356 bytes) () 12/07/2012 postreply 07:36:21

回复:非常感谢您的回复。还有两点疑问: -863211- 给 863211 发送悄悄话 863211 的博客首页 (840 bytes) () 12/07/2012 postreply 09:24:32

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”