免费的午餐有过一段时间,现在限量了- Kindle 3G上网

来源: 色大胆小 2012-07-31 05:01:08 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2456 bytes)

免费的午餐有过一段时间,现在限量了- Kindle 3G上网

两星期前我在这里还跟用户,TTY,Slow_Quick等讨论Kindle免费上网的问题,用户说是免费,我说应该没有免费的午餐,TTY说麻烦,Slow_Quick说不是哪个型号都能上。。。(参见该贴的链接 
http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/computer/217861.html

现在AMAZON开始限量了!

Amazon Kindle 3G users may have received a surprise this week while surfing the net.

The retailer has reportedly capped its formerly unlimited mobile broadband access at 50MB per month.

A MobileRead forum member known as chamekke first noticed the change on Monday.

"I got a message on my Kindle 3G today that I've never seen before," chamekke wrote. "I was using the browser when it popped up a message to say that I'd hit my 50MB monthly limit of 3G Web access on my Kindle 3G. When I clicked the 'OK' button (which was my only choice, really), I got a second message saying that I'd have 24 hours of grace to continue to use 3G for Web browsing, but that after that I could use 3G only for visiting Amazon.com, Wikipedia, and the Kindle Store. Otherwise I'd be obligated to use Wi-Fi."

The Kindle is not optimized for Web browsing, due to its e-ink display, but many 3G owners use the device to check emails or surf websites that require few graphics.

The move could be a way for Amazon to keep its costs low. But GigaOm speculated that it could be in response to hacks, published in February, that allow the Kindle to be used as a free 3G mobile hotspot. According to Hack-A-Day, Amazon can actually track the bandwidth spike to individual users.

Chamekke acknowledged that Amazon limited Web use to the online Kindle Store and Wikipedia with last year's launch of the Kindle Touch e-reader, "but [I] still haven't managed to spot anything on the older 3G model being limited," Chamekke wrote.

According to another MobileRead user, who cited a number of online sources, the cap was imposed as of July 1.

Amazon did not immediately respond to request for comment, but according to the company's website, customers outside of the U.S., like Canadian chamekke, may be limited to 50MB per month of browsing with the "Experimental Web Browser." There is no information about usage within the U.S.

For more, see PCMag's review of the Amazon Kindle 3G and the Kindle Touch 3G (slideshow below).

所有跟帖: 

回复:免费的午餐有过一段时间,现在限量了- Kindle 3G上网 -slow_quick- 给 slow_quick 发送悄悄话 slow_quick 的博客首页 (2283 bytes) () 07/31/2012 postreply 07:07:17

现在是不是还在卖Kindle Keyboard 3G?还是只卖Kindle Touch 3G? -色大胆小- 给 色大胆小 发送悄悄话 色大胆小 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/31/2012 postreply 07:25:13

还都在卖。Keyboard 3G $139 -slow_quick- 给 slow_quick 发送悄悄话 slow_quick 的博客首页 (316 bytes) () 07/31/2012 postreply 08:21:45

$139太黑了,触摸屏幕的才卖$47,估计就是因为不能上其它网了。 -色大胆小- 给 色大胆小 发送悄悄话 色大胆小 的博客首页 (226 bytes) () 07/31/2012 postreply 09:34:21

ebay上Keyboard 3G旧的都能卖$80以上。。。 -slow_quick- 给 slow_quick 发送悄悄话 slow_quick 的博客首页 (136 bytes) () 07/31/2012 postreply 11:33:54

提到做出3G hotspot, 有谁试过吗? -Sandanke- 给 Sandanke 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/31/2012 postreply 14:56:18

好像看到哪儿提过,把kindle keyboard 3G的什么东西(sim card?)抠下来。。。 -slow_quick- 给 slow_quick 发送悄悄话 slow_quick 的博客首页 (40 bytes) () 07/31/2012 postreply 18:43:50

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”