短篇小说 (上)

来源: .川晔 2011-12-16 23:47:43 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (9144 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ .川晔 ] 在 2011-12-16 23:57:45 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.

A day to remember

I woke up in the morning with heavy headache. Last night must be snowing hard again; I can never sleep well in a snowy night. I pulled out the curtain a bit and saw the white snow covering all over the backyard. My heart sank with the breezing air.

The clock on the night table warned me that it has been 7:20. I rushed out to Alex's room, yelling:

"Alex, Get up now! We are late!"

"Okay." He muttered.

I had to yell at him the third time to finally pull him out of his bed. It was 7:40 when we rushed to the car.

"Here, have it when it's still warm." I passed him the French toast I cooked for him in a hurry.

He neither took the plate, nor said a word. Instead he closed his eyes tightly, continued to sleep.

"Why are you so tired?  When did you go to bed last night?"

He didn't answer. I restrained the impulse of complaining, drove silently.

We reached school around 8:15. Then Alex started to talk, in a depressive voice:

"I need to be in school by 8:00. My Band is only 90 now, because I am always late."

My heart stopped beating for a while. He always got 100% in Band previously.

"Don't worry, Band isn't the essential course, it doesn't matter." I said while felt deep pain in the bottom of my heart.

He left me without another word.

The depressive air he left inside the car surrounding me, making me hard to breathe.

Yes, Band is just the option course, maybe it really doesn’t matter, as long as he doesn’t care... But Language Art has been his biggest problem.

”My brain turns to blank whenever I tried to write something seriously. If my LA failed, no university will accept me for sure." His despaired voice sounded again.

If only I can do something to help him, anything. My head spin. A figure of a pink cheek lady floated in my memory. A nice lady, talked in a passionate way all the time in last parent-teacher interview. Maybe I should give her a call.

I have been very busy all morning. Then we had a group lunch around 11:30. When I finally came back to my office around 12:30, there were 2 messages in my answering machine, informed me that Alex has an incident in school and will be suspended for 3 days, I must go to the office to take him home as soon as possible.

Something fragile broken inside my heart, then the pain spread to my whole body. Alex’s pale and gloomy face popped up vividly. Suspend for 3 days! In this critical time! He has been working so hard these days, hoping to fill the gap between the current average and the admission requests of the universities he pursued. I can’t image how heavy the knock will be.

“No! I will not let it happen!” I shouted out loud when I drove crazily. My heart burned with fire. They are doing this again, exaggerating the event and shred him with prejudice.

An obtuse office lady brings me to a small room coldly. I saw Alex sat in a corner with his head buried in both hands.  His backpack hanged on his skinny back, looked like a heavy shell covering him. A gloomy man sat on the other side, staring at me seriously when I walked in. I knew he is the principal. Beside him was a fake blonde who always had a silly smile on her heavy makeup face, the school counselor. I yelled at them once when they forced me to take Alex to the emergency center of the Children’s hospital because he screamed at the counselor. Two idiots!

to be continued..

所有跟帖: 

给孩子的小说草稿,俺的英文比较烂,见笑了. -.川晔- 给 .川晔 发送悄悄话 .川晔 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/16/2011 postreply 23:49:10

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”