贴个轻松的:今年一个acorn都没看见,正奇怪呢。终于上新闻了

来源: 胡涣 2008-12-13 09:49:06 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1260 bytes)
Scientists baffled by mysterious acorn shortage

(CNN) -- Up and down the East Coast, residents and naturalists alike have been scratching their heads this autumn over a simple question: Where are all the acorns?

Oak trees have shed their leaves, but the usual carpet of acorns is not crunching underfoot.

In far-flung pockets of northern Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania, West Virginia and other states, scientists have found no acorns whatsoever.

"I can't think of any other year like this," said Alonso Abugattas, director of the Long Branch Nature Center in Arlington, Virginia.

Louise Garris, who lives in the Oakcrest neighborhood of Arlington, Virginia, first noticed the mysterious phenomenon early this fall when doing yardwork beneath a canopy of large oak trees.

"I have lived in the area my entire life and have never not seen any acorns!" she said. Garris checked with some local plant nurseries and they confirmed her observation.

The mystery has found its way to the Internet, where a "No acorns this year" discussion on Topix.com yielded more than 180 comments from people reporting acorn disappearances as far away as Connecticut and North Carolina.

... (check cnn for full text)

所有跟帖: 

难道全美国的橡树,不分老幼,都一下子串通好了不结果实? -胡涣- 给 胡涣 发送悄悄话 胡涣 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/13/2008 postreply 09:51:06

俺猜测是气温异常导致的结果。 -深山兰- 给 深山兰 发送悄悄话 深山兰 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/13/2008 postreply 10:24:11

树木也有“社会联盟”。小年有什么新鲜的,大惊小怪 -yymimmo.- 给 yymimmo. 发送悄悄话 yymimmo. 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/13/2008 postreply 11:35:10

知道有小年,但这次好像很极端,大片地区颗粒无收 -胡涣- 给 胡涣 发送悄悄话 胡涣 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/13/2008 postreply 11:44:17

去年秋至今年春的El Nino强度极大,对加州的气候影响巨大, -深山兰- 给 深山兰 发送悄悄话 深山兰 的博客首页 (122 bytes) () 12/13/2008 postreply 14:54:30

刚发现你的箭头,还奇怪MM怎么对暗物质感兴趣呢,可是自比兰花的... -yymimmo.- 给 yymimmo. 发送悄悄话 yymimmo. 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 12/13/2008 postreply 15:09:10

楼下老兄说的世界末日还有四个月? -因子- 给 因子 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/13/2008 postreply 09:58:23

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”