A great analysis of the Giants defense in SB by a Pats fan

来源: Giantfan 2008-02-12 09:00:55 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2099 bytes)
He is what I call an objective knowledgeable football fan. I quoted some of his works here.

"Though every armchair coach and coordinator on this board has been complaining about McDaniels' un-Weisian dislike for the screen game, we still ran screen plays approximately 1 out of every 6 pass plays."

"The tight ends stayed in to pass block more than is usual, but no more than Watson and Wesley Britt did the last time the Pats played the Giants."

"Neither Kyle Brady, Ben Watson, or Kevin Faulk are included, as they didn't pass block enough to be significant. It is noteworthy how poor Kyle Brady's blocking was on the night, however."

"The Giants pass rush tired out during the 8th drive in the 4th quarter, which I think is the primary reason our offense starting clicking. The offense ran no screens, and no more short plays than was customary on other drives."

"While the Giants front 4 often mounted an aggressive pass rush, they were for the most part aware of the danger of the screen game...Essentially, the screen game didn't work because the Giants were too fast for the Pats' linemen to leave unattended. Quick screens were all that were feasible, and they were of limited success."

"Brady's drop is at 8 yards behind the line of scrimmage so its not like he's not giving the interior of the line space to work with. Any farther back and the defensive ends would have a straight shot at him."

"Basically the Giants bet all night that, unlike Week 17, Brady would never have enough time to throw an accurate deep pass to make them pay from crowding the short zones, and that Maroney would never break a long one on the same. They won that bet."

If you are interested in learning more about football, I suggest to take a look at the link provided below. The poster used graphics and pictures (nicely made) to back up his statements.

Link: http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=77375

Another guy also points out that the Giants blitzed only 13 of 53 plays.
请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”