A project meeting started with Beijing Olympic Games

来源: baiwen 2008-08-14 18:15:14 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1165 bytes)
An hour after I walked into our office in Chicago for new day of work this morning, I was called to attend a meeting about project we are doing. As peopel come in, topics were soon changed unexpectedly to Beijing Olympics. Mike Phelps; lip-singing; open ceremony;fake fireworks; solidiers for voluteers; underage girls and so on. All of 7 peoples do not sound positive towards those fake things. But they were not critical either. At last, my manager said to the effect that this is Chinese's party, however they run it, let them run it.

2 things that surprised me: one is that my manager and co-workers all follow the games closer than I expected. Second thing is that as Americans, they obviously do not approve of those fake things but understand that why Chinese did what they did and took "not my business" attitude.

My impression out of this casual chat is that lip-singing is the biggest mistake. It does not sit well with west culture. Faking exists in west countries, too, but not with children. If the motive of doing so was to give better impression to outside world on China, I am afraid I have to say that they blew it.

所有跟帖: 

Who cares what they think, Oops, sorry, of course you do. -columbia- 给 columbia 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 08/14/2008 postreply 19:22:57

If they do not care, why do you think they go through this trobl -baiwen- 给 baiwen 发送悄悄话 baiwen 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/14/2008 postreply 19:37:21

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”