my husband and his cat

来源: vest2005 2008-12-27 05:29:39 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (4491 bytes)
there is a threat down below about the baby and the cat. That is exactly my worry. My hu*****and has a 14 year old cat. He has had the cat for 7 or 8 years now, and he loves it with all his heart. We used to joke about him having the cat as the "big wife" and having me as the "little wife", and (unfortunately for me) it is more or less true in terms of where his heart is. I like that cat too as it is truly a beautiful cat, and after spending so much time in the same household you develop feelings for a pet. However, that cat is extremely aggressive and borderline vicious. She has attacked pretty much every one of our guests, including my hu*****and's friends and family members. She has long and sharp claws that easily draw blood after every scratch. Both my hu*****and and I have been scratched numerous times. My hu*****and does trim the cat's claws from time to time, but the cat hates it, and my hu*****and can never completely trim those claws because (1) the cat becomes very feisty and (2) my hu*****and is afraid that he will hurt the cat. Before I became pregnant, none of it was a problem for me. However, now I am pregnant, I become increasingly wary of the cat. I am worried about cat scratching my baby. Knowing this cat's aggressiveness and sharpness of the claws, I would not like any scratches on my baby, particularly if the baby get scratched in the wrong places such as on the head or, god forbidden, anywhere near the eyes. I tried to discuss with my hu*****and about declawing the cat, but my hu*****and insisted that it is cruel and unusual treatment for the cat. He also absolutely refuse to leave the cat with a family member for a while. At one point he said that if I ever think of getting rid of the cat, he is going to throw the baby out of the balcony. I would like to think it is a joke, but it still really hurts hearing him say that. All my coworkers told me that I should be careful with the cat, and one of them gave me an automatic tool to file the cat's claws. However, my hu*****and has been reluctant to use it because "the laud noise will scare the cat". I don't dare to do it myself because the cat will surely scratch me and I don't want to bring any virus to the baby in my belly. I am really at my wisdom's end. My hu*****and strongly believes that the cat will never hurt the baby, and he doesn't believe that almost all experts said that one should not leave a baby unattended with a pet. But based on what I have seen and what I have experienced, it is just so hard to imagine how this cat is going to co-exist with a defenseless baby who can't even run away from it if attacked. it is one thing that the cat scratches me but it is totally a different story if the cat ever ever hurt my baby. I was hoping that my hu*****and will love the baby more (at least more than his love for the cat) once it arrives, but I have absolutely no confidence. I fear that even after the baby gets scratched my hu*****and will blame the baby, rather than the cat, just like after every time the cat scratches me -- it is always my fault, getting too close to the cat, trying to pet her, even me thinking about trying to hurt her: "the cat knows it and that's why she attacked you". Whenever I raised my concern about the cat and the baby and potential solutions (buying a net, fixing the claws, fixing our doors so they could close and lock out the cat from the nursery, all the way to giving up the cat), he always gets extremely agitated, and accuses me of trying to poison the cat. On more than one occasion he threatened to walk away with the cat to leave me alone with the baby. I feel so sad and such a big failure. A wife and a new baby combined is clearly no match for an old cat for my hu*****and, who I love so much.

The cat pooped in our bath tub last night. This morning, even as I was writing this message, the cat tried to attack me (I was able to get away). Sometimes I wonder why life is so difficult, and why I was so useless. I think on one level I might be paranoid -- the cat may very well turn out to be no threat at all to the baby, and many people with small children have cats at home. But on the other hand I am so worried about the baby's safety around that animal. It is impossible for either one of us to be watching the baby EVERY SECOND, and I will never forgive myself for not able to protect my baby from a cat. On a more selfish side I feel so depressed that my hu*****and always seems to put his cat ahead of either me or the baby.

所有跟帖: 

This sucks! I hate aggressive cats like this. I freak out comple -Maggie914- 给 Maggie914 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 12/27/2008 postreply 12:06:37

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”