Bill Clinton Says Americans Can Relate to the Palin Family

来源: 91468 2008-09-24 15:44:56 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1884 bytes)
Bill Clinton Says Americans Can Relate to the Palin Family

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: September 22, 2008

Bill Clinton said Monday that he understood why Gov. Sarah Palin is popular in the heartland: people relate to her
“I come from Arkansas; I get why she’s hot out there,” Mr. Clinton said. “Why she’s doing well.”

Speaking to reporters before his Clinton Global Initiative meeting, Mr. Clinton described Ms. Palin’s appeal by saying, “People look at her, and they say: ‘All those kids. Something that happens in everybody’s family. I’m glad she loves her daughter and she’s not ashamed of her. Glad that girl’s going around with her boyfriend. Glad they’re going to get married.’ ”

Mr. Clinton said voters would think: “I like that little Down syndrome kid. One of them lives down the street. They’re wonderful children. They’re wonderful people. And I like the idea that this guy does those long-distance races. Stayed in the race for 500 miles with a broken arm. My kind of guy.”

Ms. Palin, the governor of Alaska, and her family, including her baby, Trig, who has Down syndrome; her 17-year-old daughter, Bristol, who is pregnant; and her hu*****and, Todd, who won the 2,000-mile Iron Dog snowmobile race four times; have garnered intense interest from the news media.

“I get this,” Mr. Clinton said. “My view is, why say, ever, anything bad about a person? Why don’t we like them and celebrate them and be happy for her elevation to the ticket? And just say that she was a good choice for him and we disagree with them?”

The global initiative, a project of Mr. Clinton’s foundation, will hold its four-day annual meeting in Manhattan starting Tuesday.

After that, he said he would be busy campaigning for the Democratic ticket of Senators Barack Obama and Joseph R. Biden Jr.

所有跟帖: 

克林顿扔一根稻草给你们,你们也赶紧抓啊! -war3- 给 war3 发送悄悄话 (118 bytes) () 09/24/2008 postreply 21:34:53

what clinton meant Palin is not a big deal. She can't -WantToSaySth- 给 WantToSaySth 发送悄悄话 (34 bytes) () 09/24/2008 postreply 23:53:58

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”