"红旗飘飘", not very good idea

来源: baiwen 2008-04-20 19:42:54 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2296 bytes)
This is the second time I saw foreign flags weaved in American land. The first time were illegal hispanics last year, weaving their national flags in streets of many American big cities, claiming their rights to American citizenships? That time, as I watched TV and listened to radio stations, American public were quite stunned and eventually become resentful. (when Americans are angry, they do not go to streets. They make phone calls or write to their congress representative. They also call in TV and radio stations to complain)

This time is red China's flags, weaving in their streets, denouncing their news network badmouthing about China and their products . So far Americans largely do not have any clue as to the cause in reading those Cafferty's words. I am afraid that the demonstrations only confirm Cafferty's comment. Half century did not change them very much. If American public believe, which is most likely, that Cafferty's words are referring to Chinese communists, there would be a problem, because disputing the
meaning of a few English words with English-speaking people is one thing, weaving your national flags in their home land and demanding an unwarranted apology is another, in fact, it is quite beyond any social etiquette or diplomatic protocol.

Believe or not, the word "China" nowadays in America means a lot of things: communists, toys with lead, contaminated foods and drugs, campaign funding to US Presidential candidates, spy, human right voilations; 64, trade deficit, holding military personals for apology; took over American jobs and etc; These negatives have been in the past but not forgotten.

So far news about these demonstations largely remains local and has not come into American prime time news. Major news networks are very busy covering Pope and Presidential campaign.

If at some point in near future, these demonstrations finally get covered by major networks, everyone is going to jump in for a piece of action to say a thing or two. If that happens, based on my 15 experiences of watching and listening to their news talks, I can comfortably predict that it ain't going to be pretty. At a minimum, it would make Jack Cafferty look like Angel to China. It would back fire a big time on China and CCP.

所有跟帖: 

你的good idea是什么 -xiangbox- 给 xiangbox 发送悄悄话 (300 bytes) () 04/20/2008 postreply 20:04:13

Demonstration without the flag. It would strongly imply ethnic -baiwen- 给 baiwen 发送悄悄话 baiwen 的博客首页 (35 bytes) () 04/20/2008 postreply 20:09:15

completely agree with u:) -sailisaili- 给 sailisaili 发送悄悄话 sailisaili 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/20/2008 postreply 20:54:43

最坏的影响是打破了中共在美国老百姓心里刚刚改观的好印象,又得重新来过了。 -甲大师- 给 甲大师 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/20/2008 postreply 20:10:35

你脑门儿又没贴一贴.在美国老百姓眼里:你和中共都穿一条裤子. -大前两米- 给 大前两米 发送悄悄话 大前两米 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/20/2008 postreply 20:26:11

Aermica only believe the strong, the stronger you are, the more -carechina- 给 carechina 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 04/20/2008 postreply 21:32:01

回复:"红旗飘飘", not very good idea -汉青- 给 汉青 发送悄悄话 汉青 的博客首页 (330 bytes) () 04/20/2008 postreply 20:30:54

I am referring to doing a PR in America -baiwen- 给 baiwen 发送悄悄话 baiwen 的博客首页 (188 bytes) () 04/20/2008 postreply 20:39:58

回复: -xinwenhao7- 给 xinwenhao7 发送悄悄话 (148 bytes) () 04/20/2008 postreply 20:55:33

为什么太在乎别人对我们的看法?为什么不能象洋人一样我行我素? -fisherman8- 给 fisherman8 发送悄悄话 fisherman8 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 04/20/2008 postreply 22:32:42

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”