About Cafferfy's comment on Chinese and products...

来源: baiwen 2008-04-18 19:09:34 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1936 bytes)
I reviewed the of his comments with context many times. I believe that he meant for China goverment. I am glad that CNN later came out with explaination and apology. It is good enough for me. The term of "Chinese" used in that context indeed carried an ambiguity that needs to be cleared.

As far as your assertion that by Chinese, CNN means the whole ethnic group of Chinese, regardless of citizenships of any kind, I think it is groundless.

Everyone knows that America has racism problem. Although I myself never experience it, I did heard complaints once a while indirectly on TV and newspapers. But the racism claimed during protest by Chinese students is wrong. They probably do not understand the term.

Anyway, there is no parallel between CNN and CCTV. They do not even belong to the same category no matter how much people would believe. CNN is private news company while CCTV government controlled propaganda agency. One is private bussiness while another branch of government. One has to be as objective and balanced as possible competing with other news companies while another carefully conducted disinformation to control public's perception and minds.

I still have CNN along with FOX, MSNBC. They are very good at reporting news. See? in America, you can have several news channels to watch. You should. On some breaking and important news, you watch them all to get all styples to see how it is reported at each channel and reconcille them to get true picture.

In China, you do not have that privilege. Every news information is on need-to-know basis.

Recently, the former Mayor of Shanghai got convicted. His sentence was said to be too light. CCP immediately issued a ban on any discussion on the matter. That is disinformation to say the least. There are many more happening daily

So CCTV should really feel honored when people talk about them with CNN

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”