Racial view is harmful to Chinese Americans

来源: baiwen 2008-04-03 13:49:16 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2500 bytes)
I think you are over concerned about OB. Do not forget about US congress. In this country, power is balanced.

It is true that there have been some grudges built in the past by some really visible racial frictions. And most of Asians, myself included, are cautious about blacks. But this way of thinking by Chinese Americans seems to come from their own cultural and history, their own view of the world.

Most of chinese view the world by race, social class, gender, looking and so on, not by human being as individual. They do not believe "all men are created equal". It is simply not in their gene.

Back in China, if you ask what kind of rights a human being has upon his/her birth, nobody know the answer because it was never asked in their 5000 years of history. To answer the question, chinese always ask or say it depends on who his/her parents are. What they really say is that a human being's rights is decided by his race, family and others post-life, external factors. They do not believe that a human being has any right without knowing who he/she is.

With that kind of thinking, Chinese in America have been having hard time defining themselves in American politics. They are sterotypied as self-interest. They can not be too dependent. For example, they seem always to depend on others to get involved politics. In America, you do not depend on others to get into politics. You depend on yourself. Getting appointed some window dressing cabinet position is not involving in politics in my view, unless it is Secretary of State, National Security Adviser or Secretary of defense.

Chinese Americans must always defend their own interests. Meanwhile they must also stand up for other racial groups and minoritys. They must have beliefs. They must have strong sense of right and wrong. They must show strong support and passion for this country. They must try real hard to get rid of their racial views deep in their hearts. They must try to be more Americans, less foreigners with US passports. If they do not, they will remain true minority in US.

Between Hillary and OB, I do not feel race or gender is a factor to me at all.

Any US President can not and will not lean more toward one group of americans than others, no matter what he/she said in the campaign trail. In spite of what you think or believe, neither Hillary or OB could do what you have in your mind. Because doing so is unamerican.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”