Clintons will lose, but IN THEIR WAY

来源: baiwen 2008-02-27 11:24:36 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2926 bytes)

You do not have to guess whether or not Hillary would lose 2008 Democratic Party nomination. If you follow the news closely, you would not have hard time sensing the tide against Clintons. I do not have to go over the numbers in polls or delegate counts. They are out there for all to see.

What I found it interesting is that many people in media started to offer to Clinton Campaign advise on some exiting strategy so that they could keep their grace, spare humiliation, help their Party and save their political life and so on. They are good advices, though. I just can hardly see how they can work for Clintons. Clintons are not that type of politicians. They are “win or lose all” type. Everything else (the whole Democratic Party included) and everyone else (friends and family members included) are expendable in their pursuit of power.

Many Clinton haters would prefer them to get defeated and humiliated by this drag-on nomination process. The end may not be what you wish for.

From media coverage, I doubt that Clintons still think that they have hope for nomination. But why can’t they withdraw? Why can’t they do the right thing to endorse Obama? They would earn great respect from people and their party.

If Clintons do all of those things, they lose everything in the end. Here is why:

A fast rewind to 2004, when John Kerry ran President Campaign and tried very hard to illicit Clintons’ help ( resources and finance), Clintons gave him cold shoulders and did nothing. Ever since then, Kerry had this grudges toward Clintons. That is why Kerry endorsed Obama in 2008, sort of revenge. Clintons’ calculation was then that if Kerry got White House, they would have waited for next guard-changing year 2012, instead of 2008.

Same play can work out in 2008. Clintons’ will not give up at this point, not in hope that they can get nominated, but cause as much damage as possible on Obama and Democratic Party Presidential process to the point where Obama as nominee is so weak and Democratic Party is so incohesive to defeat Republican John McCain. That way, GOP keeps White House and year 2012 becomes another guard-changing year for Democratic Party. Clintons literately can postpone their nomination fight to 2012. I will bet on my own house that they will never, never come out and truly endorse Obama unless it becomes clear that Obama will lose General Election. They will do some sort of symbolic gesture to Obama as they did to John Kerry in 2004.

The worst thing that could happen to Clintons is not Obama getting nominated but him getting nominated and elected in the fall. If it happens, all Dems will rally to keep White House in 2012 and no way Clintons gets their turn. So the year 2012 must be MADE a guard-changing year so that Clintons could plan a true comeback.

That, I believe, what Clintons are going to do right now

所有跟帖: 

You do not have any sense about how politics in US is -baiwen- 给 baiwen 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 02/27/2008 postreply 13:02:12

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”