非常不满意,于是再次回信

来源: 海少爷 2008-08-08 15:09:43 [] [博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2727 bytes)
Dear ABC,

Thank you for your reply.

I am not interested in defending Human rights records of the Chinese Communist Party Government in any way.

However, I do want to point out that instead of reporting human rights conditions of the Chinese people as a whole, ABC has singled out the Tibetan people.

Birth control, news censorship and restriction of migration are national policies that are applied to all Chinese people. The documentary, by highlighting these policies in Tibet only, is misleading.

You cannot deny either that the program repeatedly used words "Tibetan and Chinese", which implies Tibet is not part of China. I am afraid this is not the position of the United Nations, The International Olympic Committee or any other major international organisations. I am also not aware of any government in the world that supports this position, including the United States and the Australian government. I have noticed you used the words "Tibetan and Han Chinese" in your email, which seems to me, is a correction to the documentary by yourself.

It is disappointing to see that you claim the program has not violated ABC's code of Practice.

I assume the program is classified as News and current affairs content by ABC

I refer to your code of practice

3.2 Every reasonable effort, in the circumstances, must be made to ensure that the factual content of news and current affairs is accurate and in context.

The information provided, or implied, in the program, such as Tibet is not part of China, is simply inaccurate.

I also refer to your code of practice

3.4 Content will be impartial. Editorial judgements will be based on news values. One perspective will not be unduly favoured over others.

While you admit only a small amount of Tibetan people are seeking independence, apparently their views are unduly favoured in documentary.

3.5 Balance will be sought but may not always be achieved within a single program or publication; it will be achieved as soon as reasonably practicable and in an appropriate manner. It is not essential to give all sides equal time. As far as possible, principal relevant views on matters of importance will be presented.

I don't remember seeing any Han Chinese interviewed in the documentary, it seems to me that no effort has been made to achieve balance of views in the documentary.

3.6 The ABC will serve the public interest by investigating issues affecting society and individuals.

I am sure a large number of Chinese Australians felt offended by the documentary.

As such, I request ABC to make further investigation.

Kind regards,

所有跟帖: 

support you! -悉尼骆驼祥子- 给 悉尼骆驼祥子 发送悄悄话 悉尼骆驼祥子 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 08/08/2008 postreply 15:37:20

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”