Robert Reich, an extreme leftist and his voice represents very

来源: baiwen 2007-09-24 08:59:55 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2287 bytes)
narrow point of view. I would have preferred to read more on both sides of the issue before commenting on it.

Regarding Robert Reich's article published on , there are a lot of dissenting argments offered on many web sites in US. I did not have time reading all of them. But as far I read, one thing is clear, that is, his argment is not widely accepted, even in some corners of the left.

On discussion and debating ideas, obviously US has much more advantages over China due to its open, free press society. When you throw some point of view in public in US, it will encounter many disenting argments. After a while, the idea of right and wrong may become clear.

China, on other hand, is different. They control media and filter what they want people to hear. The effect of doing so is that one side argment of the issue become widely accepted.

Like this post, readers from China would get the impression that his point of view is popular. After all, he was Secretary of Labor in US, "部长级领导". As a result, they would get conclusion or feeling that US and its capitalist system is on down way. It is all because they have not been to US and do not have access to different point of views in US.

People, by nature, have capability of differentiating right and wrong in a situation where 2 persons debates. In a situation of 10 or more people debating, the issue would get much more examined and the issue or argment become much clearer in terms of its correctness, flaws and limitations and so on. The result of such vigorous debating will render a right solution.

But given the way of human being's mind construction, people tend to accept one's argment if 1) that point of view keeps repeating and 2) there is no counter point of view to it. This kind of social environment is inherently very harmful to society advancement. I hope that one day, chinese people would realize it and be allowed to discuss and debate any issues that concerns them. The role of government should be to contruct, protect and improve the envirnment where any idea can flow freely and be discussed. That way, a consensus and magority policy can be formed

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”