Ideology separates enemy and friend

来源: baiwen 2006-08-15 15:18:50 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (2882 bytes)
It has been often asked by many chinese who real enemy of China is. As Chinese American, I always believe that it is Russia as first and Japan as second. It never cross my mind even before I came to US that Americans are the enemy of China.

Many Chinese here and in China believe that US "interfares" with other people's business too much and thought they should mind their own. Yes, since WWII, US have meddled other countries' business a few times. Korean War, Vietnam War, Panama conflict, Cuba Pig Operation, Bosia and Kosovo War, 2 Iraq Wars(did I miss anything?). From those wars and interfares, I believe that Americans made the world better place to live. I would not have tried to imagine how the world looks like if Soviet won the cold war.

Different from other perished Empires like Britian and Span, US have never occupied one inch of territory after WWII and during all of those following regional conflicts. Instead, they left thousands of bodies behind who were burried in foreign soils, including China.

As to China, US not only have no intention to occupy but help her whenever it can. It has been historical record that while other west countries, including Russia and Japan, received China so-called war pay-back money and walked away, US spent their part to help China built universities, hospitals and churches.

Contrast to US, Russia owed a good deal to China and Chinese. It has been widely known to the world that Russia has got as much territory from China as whole Europe in modern history. They demanded territory even when Mao was in power with the same ideology.

So I strongly believe that territory is not the most important to China or CCP. Ideology is. Because American ideals are the opposite to China value system, especially to CCP's core beliefs.

What are the differences between China and American value systems? I wish I could state clearly as others. But I do agree this:

Americans believe that between heaven and earth, human being is the most valued. As a human being, he/she has unalinated rights to "being respect", liberty, freedom, pursuit of happiness. In other words, only when those rights of each human being are protected, a country exists. The value of a human being and his/her rights are absolute

Chinese believe that the value of human being depends on who he/she is. Chinese believe that only individual human being is willing to sacrifice, a country can exist. The value of one individual is relative.

From my experience of living in US, I felt American value system fits my spirit better.

As the one who have lived in China and with strong chinese cultural background, I believe that Russia is no. 1 enemy and it is less likely that China would take back those lost territory in a forseeable future.

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”