yes, it's a matter of taste; i am firmly of the opinion

来源: bosanova 2006-12-18 14:54:38 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1370 bytes)
that early and baroque music pieces ought to be played by and large as they were envisioned by the composers; not only because they were designed befittingly in that music language, but they are expressions of a uqinue spiritual and esthetical universe. To dissolve Gabrieli, Scarlatti, and Couperin into Lizst, Pagnini, and Schumann is as so much a fallacy of anachronism as a pitiable loss of rich and artistically rewarding treasure.

i can't find a satisfactory interpretation of la folia; but you can get the cd versions of the performances i mentioned eaily at stores; i will be more than happy to post every now and then, early and baroque pieces which i think are pleasing.

here is ton koopman's understandiong of bach's toccata:

btw, the violins and violas used in 17th century are quite different from those in the 19th and 20th centuries and they do not sound as lush and rich; that affects, subtly but decisively, the techniques in playing the instruments, and finally the composition of music itself;

所有跟帖: 

evolution is an invetable force. it's hard to listen -weston- 给 weston 发送悄悄话 weston 的博客首页 (913 bytes) () 12/18/2006 postreply 17:29:40

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”