I disagree to that Ma Su was positioned at the South West

来源: Giantfan 2006-09-20 11:06:47 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1430 bytes)
of ZGL. As you pointed it out yesterday, Ma Su was a vanguard and Shu army advanced to the Western region from SiChuang province. How could ZGL's main force reach north while Ma Su was sent down to guard the rear? How could ZGL retreat from the northern region back to Shu after Jieting was lost?

From my previous post, I gave out the approximate location of Ma Su: Jieting was a spot connecting An Ding Commandary and Tian Shui Commandary through a mountain range. Tian Shui was under the control of Shu after the surrender of Jiang Wei.

The rebellious Wei army could be ordered to attack Zhang He from the north.

Before the departure ZGL briefed the terrain of Jieting (to Ma Su): there is NO natural barrier around the place. If you were Ma Su, would you deploy your army on the ground, which is to the advantage of Wei army's calvary charge attack, or set up your defense on hill, which increases enemy offensive difficulty? Jieting was relatively far from Chang An. Though Wei captured it then Wei kinda gave it up because it was changed hands for several times between two kingdoms.

Chang An was hell of a place to attack or to siege. It had a formidable castle and endless supplies. ZGL failed to siege Chen Cang though Hao Zhao led only 3,000 men in city during ZGL's 2nd campaign.

Btw what is the link that you listed? I saw all strange symbols once i got in.

所有跟帖: 

for the link, you need to change the encoding in your browser -thrawn- 给 thrawn 发送悄悄话 thrawn 的博客首页 (2397 bytes) () 09/20/2006 postreply 13:58:42

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”