回复:为什么中国人是世界上最受欺负的民族?

来源: baiwen 2004-01-15 09:18:00 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (2233 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ baiwen ] 在 2004-02-03 08:06:49 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
They see things solely based on "ownership" not on merits.

If something is ours, it is good thing. If you say otherwise, you are not patriotic. Even if it proved to be bad thing, it is Chinese that have right to correct it.
Chinese are too blindly proud of everything Chinese. They do not want to distinguish good from bad and promote good and correct bad.

They believe that world civilization is something some superpower planted. If they are powerful enough and plant it there, everyone will follow.

I have an story which is very small and do not know if it is appropriate.

I have Chinese friend, living and working in US for long time and got his green card. Few years ago, he bought a house in suburb. One day he invited his parents over from China for visit. After they come, his dad and mom open his lawn, set up fence in their own way and plant all kinds of vegetables around his house. Yes they start to self-supply his family all sorts of fresh vegetables but the house he is living is no longer appealing to eye sight. It is conspicuously messy looking from outside. Coincidentally, his neighbor plan to sell his house too (not because they do not want Chinese neighbor. Their house was on market almost at the same as his). But probably because of what my friend's parents did to his house, this neighbor experienced hard time selling their house. They complained to him one day, saying in effect that my friend downgraded their neighborhood. I do not know how my friend handles it.

From this story, I saw that Chinese have very different way of life. Yes they all, without exception, like what they see in American mid/upper-class neighborhood and know how to pick up area to raise kids and but refuse to adapt themselves for new environment. I do not know why. Is that change is so unpatriotic or anti-chinese? I do not know how to think of this. I guess it is individual choice. But how you behave yourself do have impact on how others think of you. So we seem to face two choices: educate western people on how to evaluate things to the point where private property or anything is no longer ranked based on its looking but on its utilization or change ourselves

所有跟帖: 

u liar,never see planting vegs -AroundHous- 给 AroundHous 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 01/15/2004 postreply 15:56:00

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”