Hard to tell.

来源: mems 2003-12-30 20:11:00 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 0 次 (1599 bytes)
本文内容已被 [ mems ] 在 2004-02-03 07:21:50 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.
1. It's really hard to tell what will happen in the future for your H1B and green card appllications. Since your reinstatement petition to INS was rejected, they should have this record. You will need to explain well why this happened, and what did you do after that.

2. There is a huge difference between cancelled and expired. I believe you know what does expire mean. However, "cancelled" means your passport was reviewed by an immigration officer and decided to cancell your visa. This is a serious matter, I hope you do mean expired. Sometimes, when you go yo US consulate to apply for visa the VO will stamp on your expired visa a "cancelled without prejudice" stamp. That only means this is an expired visa, nothing else and nobody will question that. Normally, you will get a F1 visa of 2-entry or single entry for 3 to 5 months for you to enter US to report to the ISO of your school when you first came here to study. After a while your F1 visa expired naturally, but you still keep your F1 status as a full time student. Your obiligation during this period is to register and study full time, and beware of the timeline on your I20. Once your I20 is going to expire, you need to go to your ISO to renew it.

If your visa was really cancelled not expired, you also need to give a good explanation why was that heppened. Becasue after you checked "yes", there is another line asking you the reason. At least they are listening to your reaons. And what will happen to your H1B and green card ? Again, it's hard to tell. Somtimes it's luck,and sometimes it's a matter of timing.

所有跟帖: 

thanks 回复:Hard to tell. -flameguy- 给 flameguy 发送悄悄话 (87 bytes) () 12/30/2003 postreply 20:40:00

thanks 回复:Hard to tell. -flameguy- 给 flameguy 发送悄悄话 (160 bytes) () 12/30/2003 postreply 20:41:00

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!

发现Adblock插件

如要继续浏览
请支持本站 请务必在本站关闭/移除任何Adblock

关闭Adblock后 请点击

请参考如何关闭Adblock/Adblock plus

安装Adblock plus用户请点击浏览器图标
选择“Disable on www.wenxuecity.com”

安装Adblock用户请点击图标
选择“don't run on pages on this domain”