I think I understand both biology and history.

来源: ZoyaWashington 2018-07-09 14:06:16 [] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读: 次 (1392 bytes)

I have mixed feelings about AA.

I understand its good intention: by bending the rules, it gives some of underpriviliged minornities (the afrian americans in particular) as a jump start for their life hoping that these people can change their fate perminently and get out of poverty. If this approach works, it will gradually  reduce the percentage of black proverty.

AA has been in place for several decades. However, the data shows that most of the african american middle class who were benifited from AA, have failed to stay out of poverty. The percentage of their children fall back into poverty is very high in comparison to Whites and other minority groups.  So the conclusion is AA works for most of the other ethnic groups except african american.

At this point, I think it takes more than AA to change the fate of african americans, building intrinsic charactors such hard work and perseverance and dicipline, are also needed for long term success.

Obama once said: we should have highter standard for ourselves (referring tothe africian americans). I personally think what Obama meant is inline with what I thought.   Ironically that comment didn't fly at all with africian american community.

Bottomline, I don't see any feasible solutions for black poverty with or without AA.

所有跟帖: 

根据遗传学,需要改变基因。比如混血 -润涛阎- 给 润涛阎 发送悄悄话 润涛阎 的博客首页 (0 bytes) () 07/09/2018 postreply 14:12:49

Agreed. But in reality, that is a super slow process :) -ZoyaWashington- 给 ZoyaWashington 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/09/2018 postreply 14:14:35

我也是你说的这种感觉。 -gegenion- 给 gegenion 发送悄悄话 (0 bytes) () 07/09/2018 postreply 14:17:17

Agree。 Not only for African American I think we shall all set hi -平常心安- 给 平常心安 发送悄悄话 平常心安 的博客首页 (79 bytes) () 07/09/2018 postreply 15:38:54

请您先登陆,再发跟帖!